So today was Pokie's birthday. She is 2 now. I'm so sad about that. We set up a toddler bed for her (that I got on clearance) earlier this week, that was sad too. And she has officially been off her pacifier, though she still has withdrawls, for a little over a month now. I want to give it to her so bad sometimes, mostly only at night when she won't go to bed. She does pretty good about not getting out of her bed now that she has the freedom to but thats probably because Josh is the one to help her go to sleep and she doesn't dare get out of bed if he is around. However if I try putting her to bed, she can get out and run around and have a party. I don't understand.
So we didn't open presents or have birthday cake because she fell asleep before she even had dinner. She didn't take a nap today so she was knocked out early. Of course I tried giving her a nap, but of course, she didn't stay in her bed. Another sad thing that happened on this poor girl's birthday was when we were at Hank's soccer practice, she decided to go exploring (dad was watching her). She comes crying to me a football field away holding her hand out that was full of teeny tiny little slivers. It looked like she tried to pet a cactus. So there must have been over 100 slivers ( if that is what you call them) in one hand. I picked out the most that I could, then we took her home, soaked her hand in water and then Josh pulled the rest out with the tweezers. Poor baby! As he was extracting the slivers she fell asleep right in his lap. Happy Birthday Baby.
Today also marks one week from the day she finally learned how to say "Hank". I was so excited about that. It was at Hank's soccer game last week, I was calling to him across the field and then suddenly I hear a little echo. I looked down and she is yelling for him too. It was so funny. Ever since then she says his name great (well at least for a 2 year old).
12 years ago





3 comments:
i am so excited you posted I want you to know currently I am not commenting because of my lack of time with my new class so you are special.
sorry to hear about her poor hand:(
isnt it sad when they are not babies any more!!
happy belated ali
She's two?? How did that happen so fast? Happy Birthday! It's good to see a new post from you! I hope you're all doing great.
Poor little Pokie! Why am I not on your spy list????????????????
That was a yummy cake I must add! Rosalie huh? Miss you!!!!!!!
Post a Comment